3/26/13

Seeing God




Isn’t it crazy how easy it is to miss God? Now I don’t mean miss him like you miss your favorite old t-shirt or like I miss my chaco tan line; but actually missing the glimpses he gives you of himself everyday. The God of the universe is completely crazy about you, and he shows you that through ways you may not even realize. He shows up through tiny whispers of hope the loud world shuts away from you so easily. Since I had this realization, I look for him. And I see the gifts of love he leaves for me around every corner.

This past week I went to the beach. I saw him in the smell of the salty air. I saw him in the gentle afternoon breeze that waved the palm trees. I saw him in the beautiful pastel colors on old homes around every corner. I saw him in the carefully hung moss in the old trees. In the sound of waves crashing outside my window. In the warmth my body soaked up from the sunshine it had missed all winter. In the comfort of shade from numerous overhanging trees. In each unique seashell placed before me on my walk along the beach. I could go on and on, but really, I wrote them down.
God is here and eagerly waits for you to find him in what seems like ordinary moments. It’s become fun for me, finding God. It makes my walks to class so much sweeter and full of reminders of God’s love for me. I try not to take everything for granted. I look at things like my old mug and see it in a completely different light. Instead of just a mug, I see God graciously giving me something that has continuously given me joy through my hot drinks on cold days. Isn’t he just the nicest? He continually amazes me.
Challenge: Find your love gifts today. Find joy in the way God shows up in your day more than you realize. Remember this truth my friends, just like I will strive to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment