6/22/13

[thankfulness]


I like to post these every once in awhile. Hopefully I will do it more often this summer.
If you know me, you know I love two things:
1. to have big gratitude for the everyday "nothings"
2. adventures. big or small. I don't care, let's just go.

So, here is a mixture between the two. It's just a list of small but beautiful happenings recently in Hatteras. I like to record them throughout the week for myself, so I figured why not post them here in case any of you cyber friends care to read and hopefully be inspired to create your own list of things that made you smile and appreciate life. I got this idea from the book "1,000 Gifts", spoiler alert: it rocks, so go get it, read it, and love it! I've been at this list for a good while now...so I'm past 1,000 but didn't stop because I love it so much.

-warm, summer rains
-couches perfect for napping
-salty hair
-new friends
-jumping fences
-eating ice-cream twice a day
-playing until the sun goes down
-catching a wave
-late night board games
-discovering new places
-going straight to the beach after a long day of work
-turning go-karts into bumper cars
-bruises with a good story
-storm clouds rolling in
-walks on the beach
-surfer/skater lingo
-shades of blue in the ocean and sky blending together
-eating dinner with friends but as a family
-girl's time: watching "The Bachelorette"while eating chips and dip
-writing letters
-getting love from Colorado
-prayers that bring you to tears
-new songs
-friends giving you seashells because they know you love them
-sno-cones
-national donut day
-how every sunset is different, but all beautiful
-thinking about how God painted each sunset, he's an artist






1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful post. I'm currently finishing "Love Does" by Bob Goff, and by your recommendation, I am going to definitely get "1,000 Gifts" to read next!

    I'm new to the blogging world and love your blog! Stop by mine if you would like! Have a good one!

    ~Kate

    wwww.babushkablondie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete